Have you booked a trip to the Arctic and are wondering what precautions to take? If you are visiting Tromsø, Northern Norway Travel continues to happily welcome you on our tours to share with you our stunning Arctic city, landscapes and of course the Northern Lights!
Please note that our tours have been slightly altered to fit current Covid-19 regulations, and we take special measures in order to help prevent the spread of the virus. For the safety of our guests, team and the local community please take the following safety recommendations seriously.
There are several basic precautions that everyone should take:
- Keep a safe distance, if that’s not possible we recommend you to wear a face mask
- Good hand hygiene is important, either wash your hands frequently for 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser
- Good coughing and sneezing etiquette, please cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or your sleeve
Measures Northern Norway Travel is taking:
Reduced group numbers up to 12 guests only in a minibus, also offering private tours
Making sure that our guides and drivers follow strict hygienic routines
Informing our guests at the beginning of the tour about preventive measures
Disinfecting all vehicles before and after tours
Disinfecting our thermal suits after use
Following the health and safety guidelines by Adventure Travel Trade Association
What should you do if you have booked a tour with us?
- Check that you and your whole travel party have valid travel insurance, that covers Covid-19
- Follow basic infection measure recommendations
- Only travel if you are feeling well, if you are not feeling well before your tour, please contact us
- Cancel your tour if you are displaying any of the symptoms, even if they are very mild
- Remember to stay safe throughout your travel, keep a safe distance especially in closed areas
- We recommend to download a QR code reader, as inNorway this is the most common way to register for contact tracing
If you are worried about joining a group tour during your stay, contact us about Private Tours, where we can offer you your own vehicle, driver and guide. We hope you will join us on one of our Arctic experiences!
Our friendly staff will be happy to help you if you have further questions. We are located in the city centre in the Havnterminal (Samuel Arnesens Gate 5) on the first floor. You can also call us on +47 413 66 111 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.