Have you booked a trip to the Arctic and are wondering what precautions to take? If you are visiting Tromsø, Northern Norway Travel continues to happily welcome you on our tours to share with you our stunning Arctic city, landscapes and of course the Northern Lights!
However, for the benefit of our guests and the local community, we are monitoring the recommendations Tromsø Kommune (Tromsø Council) and health organisations and taking special measures in order to help prevent the spread of the virus. Please read the information below.
There are several basic precautions that everyone should take:
- Wash your hands frequently for 20 seconds
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or your sleeve
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands
- Avoid contact with people who are ill
Know the symptoms:
- Fever and tiredness
- Breathing difficulties
- Muscle pain
What should you do if you have booked a tour with us?
- Follow the precautions mentioned above
- Contact us if you have any doubts or questions
- Cancel your tour if you are displaying any of the above symptoms, even if they are very mild
- Cancel your tour if you have travelled through or met people from a highly affected area such as Italy
Measures Northern Norway Travel is taking:
- Making sure that our guides and drivers follow strict hygienic routines
- Informing tourists at the beginning of the tour about preventive measures
- Disinfecting all vehicles before and after tours
- Denying access to passengers who have travelled from high risk areas and/or present symptoms of the virus
- Avoiding close contact such as kissing, hugging or shaking hands between members of the tour
- Providing antibacterial wipes/liquid on tours
- Quarantining staff that may have been in contact with someone infected with the virus
Follow these simple measures, and we can all continue to enjoy the beauty of the North and the last month of Northern Lights for this winter season.
If you are worried about joining a group tour during your stay, contact us about Private Tours, where we can offer you your own vehicle, driver and guide. We hope you will join us on one of our Arctic experiences!
Our friendly shop staff will be happy to help you if you have further questions. We are located in the city centre in the Havnterminal (Samuel Arnesens Gate 5) on the first floor. You can also call us on +47 413 66 111 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.