Expedition: Northern Lights & Whales in 8 days (south route around Senja)*
Have you ever dreamt of an Arctic Expedition and capturing the same feeling as Roald Amundsen when he conquered the North Pole? With the 3 mast-schooner “Rembrandt van Rijn” or 2 mast-schooner ‘Noorderlicht’ this dream come true.
Join our 7 nights tour through Northern Norway, where we will follow the whales and enjoy the beautiful landscape with fascinating fjords and endless mountains around you! Spend the days on the open ocean searching for orca and humpback whales hunting herring around the North Coast of Senja and Andfjorden.
During the long evenings and nights we will hope for the magical Northern Lights to come out and dance in the Arctic skies! This will be a unique and life changing way to experience one of Nature’s most beautiful phenomenon – silently out on the water in a sailboat with the Northern Lights swirling above you.
During the daytime we will stop at several spots to invite you for a short hike along the coast, in small villages or along white sand beaches, for example on Sommarøy, which is the last stop before going back to Tromsø.
*Depending on conditions and location of the whales, the route varies between the south and north route. The North route travels along the Lyngen Alps, the island of Uløya, Kvænangen Fjord and Finnkroken
• Voyage aboard the vessel indicated in the itinerary
• All meals will be served aboard the ship including snacks, coffee and tea
• All shore excursions and activities throughout the voyage will be by RIB boat.
• Program of lectures by noted naturalists and guiding by experienced expedition staff.
• All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program.
• AECO fees and government taxes.
• Comprehensive pre-departure material